Docker for Mac requirement/limitation(s)
- The installer is GUI based, so it requires to access to UI/Screen.
- The installer creates symbolic links to docker* commands at /usr/local/bin, and the actual executables are located at your ~/Library/Group Containers/group.com.docker/bin
- This means that the installation of docker* commands is for 1 particular account only, not for multiple users
- For those docker* commands to run, the docker server needs to be run. Also the docker server is GUI based, so it requires to access to UI/Screen.
- In short, the docker for Mac (as of docker 1.12) , requires UI/Screen and designed to be used by 1 account.
- Docker for Mac: https://docs.docker.com/docker-for-mac/